- 1Open Messenger. It’s the blue chat bubble icon with a white lightning bolt. You’ll find it in the app drawer or on your home screen.2Tap the circle at the bottom of the screen. This opens your camera.
3Tap the smiley face icon. It’s at the top of the screen.4Scroll down to the “Masks” heading. You’ll see a list of many masks from which to choose. Swipe left across the options to see what’s available.5Tap the mask you want to use. You’ll see a preview of that mask on your face (or the face of the person you’re photographing).
- If it’s your first time using this camera, follow the on-screen prompts to grant it the proper permissions.
- To use the front camera (selfie mode) instead of the back camera, tap the camera icon made of curved arrows at the top of the screen now.
6Tap the large circle to snap a photo. Or, to record a video, tap and hold the circle. When you’re finished, you’ll see a preview of your photo or video on the screen.7Tap to add text. It’s at the top of the screen. This is optional, but you can now select a color and type anything you want to appear on the photo or video. When you’re finished, tap Done at the top-right corner of the screen.8Tap the squiggly line to draw. This is also optional. Use this tool to draw freehand in the color(s) of your choice, then tap Done.9Tap the circle containing an arrow. It’s at the bottom-right corner of the screen. This opens the “Send to” screen.10Select recipients and/or locations. You can choose any or all of the following options:
- Make sure the face you’re photographing is lined up in the gray square on the screen so the mask looks right.
- If you tap a mask with a downward-pointing arrow at its bottom-right corner, the mask will need to download to your Android and may take a moment.
11Tap the send button. It’s the blue paper airplane at the bottom-right corner of the screen. Your masked photo or video will now be delivered, posted, and/or saved.
- If you want to add the photo or video to your ongoing story (called Messenger Day), make sure the box beside “My Day” is checked.
- To save the photo or video to your Android, make sure “Camera Roll” is checked.
- Tap the name of any recipient in the list to select them as recipients.