Making a Simple Fairy Wand
- 1Trace a shape onto a piece of cardboard. You can also use colored card stock, a thin craft foam sheet, or even felt. Use a stencil or cookie cutter to trace the shape. Your shape can be anything: a heart, star, circle, moon, and so forth.2Cut out the shape. Try to cut just inside the lines you drew, so that you don’t see the lines on the finished piece. If you want, you can cut another, identical shape out to glue onto the back of your wand.3Glue the shape to a short dowel and let it dry. You can also use a long lollipop stick. Try to find something that is around 12 to 18 inches long. Cover the bottom ½ to 1 inch of the shape with tacky glue, and press the dowel down onto it.
4Decorate the shape. Even if you used some colored paper to make your shape, you may want to decorate it to make it even more special. Here are some decorating ideas:
- You can also use hot glue. It will set a lot faster.
- Consider gluing an identical shape to the back of your first shape, sandwiching the dowel in between. This will hide the glue and dowel.
5Tie a bow on the stick using sheer ribbon. Leave long tails trailing from the bow. If you want, you can wrap some ribbon around the stick to make it more colorful.6Wait for the glue to dry before you play with your wand. Depending on how much glue you used, this can take anywhere between a few hours to a whole day.
- Cover the shape with a thin layer of glue and sprinkle glitter over it.
- Outline your shape using glitter glue or puff paint.
- Draw designs inside your shape using glitter glue or puff paint.
- Glue rhinestones, sequins, or beads over your shape.
You may also like !
Source: wikihow. com