Cleaning the Exterior and the Drip Tray
- 1Unplug the machine. When cleaning your Keurig it’s important to minimize the risk of electrical shock by unplugging it. This will allow you to take it apart, move it around, and not worry about getting water or cleaner in areas that could present a shock hazard.
- 2Remove the drip tray. The drip tray is located below the spout on the front of the machine. It is the tray that you set your cup on when brewing a cup of coffee. To remove it, simply slide it towards you while keeping it level and holding the rest of the machine in place.
- The drip tray may have liquid in it because it holds overflows and spills. Keep this in mind while handling it.
- 3Wipe down the drip tray over a sink with a damp rag or sponge. Pour out any liquids that are in the tray. Then wipe all of the surfaces, including the inside that holds excess liquid. In most cases, if you wipe this part down often, it won’t be hard to clean with a damp rag or sponge.
- If your drip tray is especially dirty, you can use dish soap to clean it. Just apply soap to your rag or sponge, wipe down the drip tray, and then rinse it off with warm water.
- 4Reinsert the drip tray and wipe down the machine. Once the drip tray is clean, you just reinsert it by pushing it back into the machine. If you keep it level and push it firmly, it should just pop right into place. Once the drip tray is back in place, it’s also a good time to use your damp rag or sponge and wipe down the whole exterior.
- 5Clean the outside and the drip tray often. Try to do this cleaning at least weekly if you use your Keurig Mini on a daily basis. This will ensure that the drip tray doesn’t overflow and that the machine stays nice and clean.