Adjusting while Treadmill On
- 1Find the screws required to adjust the belt. Often they are located towards the back near the roller axle.
2Turn the treadmill on. Adjust the speed to 3 miles (5 kilometers) or less.3Adjust the screws. If the belt needs loosening turn the screws clockwise. If the belt needs tightening turn the screws anticlockwise.
- Most treadmills use Hex screws. Hex screws have a six sided head and need an Allen Wrench or a hex key.
4Keep adjusting until the belt does not slip and is in the center. It should be centered between the two boards and tightened until the belt does not slip.
- Turn each screw no more than a quarter turn each time.
- Adjust each screw the same number of turns.
- If the belt needs centering to the right tighten the right screw.
- If the belt needs centering to the left tighten the left screw.
You may also like !
Source: wikihow. com