Scrunching with Hairstyling Products
- 1Scrunch your hair. The method of scrunching your hair is similar to crumpling up a piece of paper. Pick up individual sections of hair, squeeze the strands between your fingers, and crumple the ends of the strand up toward your roots. This crunching method will create curls, bends, and volume in your hair. Use this method when applying your styling products.
2Use a volumizing mousse to enhance your hair scrunching. Volumizing mousse is an ideal styling product for scrunching your hair, as it is lightweight, provides hold, is easy to control, and gives your hair tons of volume. Spray a golf ball sized amount of mousse onto your palm, rub your hands together, apply the mousse from ends to the roots or your hair, and scrunch your hair upwards towards your roots.3Use a curl cream or serum if you want your hair to have frizz free curls. If your hair tends to get frizzy as it dries, you may want to add some curl cream or serum to your hair. You’ll want apply to product to evenly damp hair. Pour a quarter sized amount of curl cream or serum onto your palm, rub your hands together, and gently scrunch the hair from ends to roots.
- Flip your head upside while scrunching your hair to create more volume. You’ll still scrunch your hair upwards, from ends to roots.
4Use hair spray or gel if you need additional hold. Some hair types do not hold curl very well. Using a hairspray or gel to provide extra hold is recommended if you fall into this category. Apply all other hair products before your final layer of hairspray or gel.
- If you do not have frizzy hair, avoid adding curl creams or serums, as they might weigh your hair down.
- Hairspray should be sprayed on your hair right before you scrunch it into your overnight undo.
- Gel should be scrunched into your hair after you’ve applied all other styling products. Pour a quarter sized amount of gel onto your palm, rub your hands together, and scrunch it into your hair.
- Keep in mind, it is okay to add a variety of styling products to your hair. Layering products is alright as long as you use them in small amounts. Using large amounts of multiple products can weight down your hair, not giving you the desired look.
Source: wikihow. com