Whitening Skin with Antioxidants from Citrus or Papaya
- 1Drink citrus juice. Drinking a citrus juice like orange juice may help to inhibit UV induced pigmentation.2Use citrus to make a mask. Citrus fruits contain vitamin C, which promotes collagen production (necessary for the creation of new skin cells), is a powerful antioxidant and has been shown to inhibit skin darkening due to UV exposure.
3Squeeze the juice from the fruit and dilute with water. You can apply the diluted juice directly to your face, or combine with honey to make a mask. Honey both thickens the juice to make a mask possible and has its own health benefits: it is an antimicrobial, moisturizes the skin and prevents wrinkles.4Consider using the entire fruit. The peel and fleshy parts of citrus fruit contain compounds that help to whiten the skin. For even better results, consider adding them in one of two ways:
- Lemons tend to work best, but any citrus fruit will work, including oranges, limes, and grapefruit. You can obtain similar results from papaya.
5Use the seeds and skin if using papaya. While the flesh of the fruit is beneficial, the peels and seeds are the most potent part of papaya.
- Dry the peel, grind it up, and add it to your mask. Consider mixing with yoghurt to produce a soothing mask.
- Chop the entire fruit into pieces and process it, skin and all, in a fruit processor. Use the resulting paste as the base for your mask.
6Do not go outside while wearing the mask. The juice in citrus fruits can react with UV light to cause photodermatitis, a painful condition resulting in a rash, blisters or scaly skin.7Leave the mask on for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Consider processing the papaya fruit along with the skin to produce a mask. For even better results, mix with lemon juice.
- You can purchase papaya seed extract and use it with honey to make a mask, or combine it with the processed fruit.
- Make your own papaya seed extract by crushing papaya seeds and placing them in water for two weeks. Shake daily. Filter and use the water in your mask.
You may also like !
Source: wikihow. com