Setting Up a Booklet
- 1Open Microsoft Word. You’ll usually find this app in the Start menu (PC) or in the Applications folder (Mac), indicated by a blue icon with a white “W” in it.
2Click the tab. This will pull up different options for formatting how the pages in your Word document will be displayed when you print them.3Click on the drop-down arrow. This appears in the bottom-right corner of the Page Setup dialog box under the Layout tab.4Select from the Pages menu. This changes the layout to landscape (wide) mode with a split down the middle.5Select the number of pages for your booklet. The page options appear in the “Sheets per booklet” menu.
- If you don’t want to customize your own booklet, you can start with one of the booklet templates built into Word. To do this, click the File menu, select New, type booklet into the search bar, press Enter, select a booklet template, and then click the Create button to set up your template.
6Adjust the Gutter size. The “Gutter” menu, which is near the top-left corner of the window, determines the amount of space that will be available where the booklet will fold. As you increase or decrease the gutter, the preview image near the bottom will update to show you the results.7Click to save your changes. It’s near the bottom of the window.8Add content to your booklet. Now that your document is laid out like a booklet, you can add your own text, images, and custom formatting.
- Note that if you choose a page number too small to print all of your text, then you’ll have to change the selection to All in order to have all the content visible on your computer screen printed.
9Save your booklet. To do so:
- If you’re new to Microsoft Word, check out How to Format a Word Document to learn how to customize your text, add graphics, and position content as you desire.
- If you’re using a template, see How to Use Document Templates in Microsoft Word to learn how to customize its pre-formatted content. You’ll usually want to edit the placeholder information anywhere it appears.
- Click the File menu at the top-left corner.
- Select Save As.
- Select a save location.
- If you want to save this file as a template you can edit for future products, select the Template option from the “Save as type” or “Format” drop-down. Otherwise, keep the default setting (.docx) selected.
- Name the file and click Save.
You may also like !
Source: wikihow. com